Sunday 7 April 2013

A Road To Japan: Results!

Well, after a very loooooooooooooooooooong wait, results finally came through yesterday (April 5th).
 
I got Shortlisted!!!!!

"Overjoyed Otter"
...It's taken the last 48 hours or so for the news to actually sink in. I still can't believe it. I have spent the last few days quite literally starring out of my window, hunting the poor postman in the hope that he might bare with him my very important letter. What didn't help matters was the damn pizza leafleters out in force on my road. I swear they were there to push me over the edge by putting crap through my door. I honestly can't tell you how stressful this whole week has been and both the relief and excitement I felt when I heard that envelope pass through my letter box. (I was actually doing battle with a Ryvitta in the kitchen at the time.) After sobbing like a stupid person, I was finally able to announce it to friends and family. It's the best feeling in the world to know that after all that hard work and battling to get my application & statement completed on time, to have gone through the interview and the gruelling 3 month wait, I had been given the opportunity to fulfil my dreams. 

I know there are so many people out there that didn't make it or were given alternate positions and it only makes me realise just how very lucky I am. Whilst I know that everyone didn't get the response they had hoped for, it's just confirmed even more for me that 'what's meant to be will be.' You are only ever doing what you are meant to be doing at any particular moment. Life takes you where you need to be. The right path for you opens up when the time is right, and though sometimes it may feel like it's steering us away from things we want in our lives, it's always for a good reason. 

I have a massive journey ahead of me and this is just the beginning. At the moment I actually feel quite overwhelmed by everything. (Probably doesn't help the fact that it's now early hours of the morning and I had a 5 hour Naginata lesson today. My brain and body are starting to shut down for the night). But it's so very exciting and I really can't wait. Tomorrow I begin my To-Do Lists! Mwhahaha! 

All I want to say is, for those that didn't make it in, those that were given alternate status and anyone thinking of applying for the future: Good luck. Life is what you make of it. You can sit back and admit defeat or be idle, or you can let it take you where you need to go. There are always chances, opportunities and paths available, we just sometimes need to open our eyes to see them. 

I am most certain more updates will follow. Until next time, toodles my lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment